DC Wine Week said farewell to a hugely successful series of events Saturday, October 19. Guests were invited to Sonoma Restaurant & Wine Bar for a sampling of sparkling wines and the unveiling of Sonoma’s new brunch menu for one last DC Wine Week hurrah.
Sparkling wine samples included:
- Ca’ del Pucino Prosecco - A light, refreshing, and citrusy Italian sparkling wine made from Glera grapes and produced in the regions of Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- Lovisolo Brut Nebbiolo Spumante Rose - A beautiful dry pale onion skinned color wine made with 100% Nebbiolo grapes. Contains notes of roses, violets, and wild strawberries. (My favorite wine of the day.)
- Ca’ Montanari Opera Lambrusco – A sexy, charming, quality Lambrusco with distinct notes of violets and black cherries. It pairs perfectly with Sonoma’s charcuteri brunch offerings.
The unveiling of Sonoma’s new brunch menu included bite size samples of:
- Artisanal Charcuteri – Sopressata Spicy Dry Salami, Prosciutto Dry Cured Ham, Finocchiona Fennel Salami, and B 61 Blue Cheese.
- Beet Salad – Roasted and Pickled Raw Local Beets, Buttermilk Blue Dressing, Frisée, and Black Walnuts.
- Melon and Prosciutto – Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Italian Prosciutto, Basil, with Prosecco Vinaigrette.
- Zeppoles – “Italian Donuts” served with Grand Gala, Orange Dark Chocolate Sauce.
- Brioche French Toast – Served with local Apples, Cinnamon, and local Maple Syrup.
- Breakfast Burger – House-made Sausage, Bacon, Fried local egg, Cabot White Cheddar, and Pesto.
It’s exciting to see yet another restaurant going the “local” route when possible. The new brunch menu is delicious and offers a wide selection for those with varying palettes and diet preferences. A big thanks to DC Wine Week for teaming up with Sonoma for the final event! It was a great way to end the week-long event on a high note.
If you missed this year’s series of wine-centric events, make sure you tag along next year, and see what DC’s local wine bars/restaurants, shops & wineries have to offer.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015