Rate Your Personal Experience at Dolcezza:
Within the next week or so Dolcezza Artisanal Gelato will roll out five new Fall flavorful gelatos and sorbets includinging Heirloom Neck Pumpkin, Maple Syrup, and Sweet Potato Pecan Praline gelatos and Pomegranate and Clementine Sorbets.
Dolcezza first looks to local farmers for ingredients. The Heirloom Neck Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pecan Praline gelato ingredients come from Zachariah Lester of the sustainable vegetable farm, Tree & Leaf Farm in Unionville, Virginia. The Maple Syrup gelato come from family-owned and operated S&S Maple Camp in Corriganville, Maryland.
Dolcezza workers craft their gelato fresh every morning at their Georgetown location with the perfect texture, balance and taste for each of their flavors.
In the meantime, while we all wait on pins and needles for the arrival of Dolcezza’s Fall flavors, make sure you stop in for a taste of their current flavors. Some of our favorites included:
- Gianduja – A perfect combination of nutty hazelnut and chocolate. While you’re at it, mix it with the Salted Caramel, or the Chocolate, or the Dark Chocolate, or the….
- Salted Caramel – Can’t get enough of caramel apples, or Brachs candies? This is your “must try” flavor. Rich, creamy, and a nod to traditional caramel consistency makes this a great flavor to pair with your next favorite on the list.
- Butter Pecan – A little more on the traditional side of flavors, don’t expect this to taste like your average butter pecan flavor. It’s nuttier, and more buttery than what you’re used to. Scout’s Honor.
- Chocolate – Who can turn down chocolate? Especially a chocolate gelato that could be one of Hershey’s long lost chocolate cousins.
- Dark Chocolate – Made with 70% cocoa, this is a dark chocolate lover’s dream.
- Bartlett Pear – An unexpected Fall/Winter sorbet flavor that captures the texture and juiciness of a ripe Bartlett.
- Grape – Described as a little “apple-y” when it first hits your palate, give this sorbet a minute to melt on your tongue, and you’ll think you just picked a grape directly from the vine.
Dolcezza has a little something for everyone. Working closely with some of the country’s most dedicated roasters, Dolcezza only offers the finest coffee and espresso drinks. During October, the will offer Hair Bender Espresso from Stumptown Coffee Roasters. Grab a light pastry snack to accompany your coffee. And if you’re feeling adventurous, might we suggest dipping a pastry in an order of gelato?
Visit Dolcezza at: Georgetown, Bethesda Row, DuPont Circle, & Fairfax. You can also find them at several Farmer’s Markets.
1560 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Washington D.C. 20007
- Leave the Cooking to the Pro’s This Thanksgiving with Holiday Catering Options in DC - October 30, 2014
- Equinox Now Offering White Truffle Buffet Brunch + Truffled Calypso Bean Soup Recipe - October 29, 2014
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) with Rosa Mexicano’s Guacamole de Otoño Recipe - October 21, 2014
- Taste of DC 2014 Hosts Cochon 555 Heritage BBQ Tour - October 15, 2014
- British Airways: Dine With Class in New Airbus A380 & Dulles Lounge - October 13, 2014
- In The Kitchen With Marvin: Redemption Found In New Fall Menu - October 10, 2014
- In The Kitchen With Pinea: Southern Europe & Mediterranean Inspired - October 7, 2014
- In The Kitchen with Policy: Truth, Love, Liberty…and Brunch + Shrimp & Grits Recipe - September 24, 2014
- Five Reasons to Read “The Food Fighters: DC Central Kitchen’s First 25 Years on the Front Lines of Hunger & Poverty” by Alexander Justice Moore - September 22, 2014
- In The Kitchen With Rosa Mexicano: Celebrating 30-Year Anniversary With Special Rotating Desde 1984 Menu - September 15, 2014