Getting around D.C. is pretty easy. We’re lucky enough to have a clean and efficient metro system, along with buses, Uber, Yellow Cab, Zip Car, and when all else fails one can rent a car. However, because it’s so easy to get around the city, one doesn’t necessarily feel compelled to own a car. We’re part of that group of people. We can always get to where we need to go without the extra expense of owning a vehicle. That is until last week.
My husband and I had a date night planned for months at The Birchmere in Alexandria to see The Piano Guys perform. Then we were invited out to Bethesda to check out Aroma Espresso Bar’s new Fall Menu. Drive the District knew we had places to go and things to do, and offered us the opportunity to Drive the District in the 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel; a compact car, with a spacious interior, and incredible mileage. It was love at first drive. The Chevy Cruze is a zippy, comfortable little car that keeps you wanting more driving time. And just like our food, we have some favorite features:
- The 2014 Chevy Cruze with a 151-horsepower, 2.0L Clean Turbo Diesel engine generates at least 90% less Nitrogen Oxide and is rated for 46 MPG on the highway. In this, the diesel easily out-performs any gas car I’ve owned in the past, or have recently driven. Even my previous little rinky dink Pontiac Vibe was left in the dust on all fronts.
- As drivers who like to keep our butt in tact, we were impressed with the Cruze’s Sport Tuned Suspension. Taking on speed bumps and pot hole was no big deal. The suspension absorbed it all.
- Speaking of butts, with the warm weather now hibernating, we also loved the heated front seats.
- And of course, because we have children, and there are some crazy drivers out there on the highways, we were pleased to see the 5 Star Safety Rating on the Cruze.
- We love bells and whistles since we’re kind of techie people, so give us a car that has GPS, a rear-view camera, and Satellite radio and we’re happy campers. Throw in features like remote keyless entry, tilt steering, 6-way adjustable driver’s side seats, blind spot monitoring, and outlets for our other gadgets, and we’ll bow down and kiss the tires in awe.
We loved driving the district in the 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel Automatic! A little sporty and a lot of fun, the Cruze surpassed our expectations. Our only disappointment was giving the car back.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015