Confession time. We didn’t make any New Years resolutions other than to eat more. Go ahead. Fat shame us all you. #Aintnobodygottimeforthat
Now, if you were one of those people who promised themselves to eat better and decidedly drop that “Freshman 15″, mommy pudge, or beer gut, we’re saying Chinese New Year is the time for that second chance. Chinese New Year is February 19 this year, so we’re sharing IMUSA‘s Steamed Veggies and Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe for all you who aren’t getting enough vegetables in their daily diet. At the very least it’s healthier than the take-out sweet and sour chicken, or lo mein.
Although check out IMUSA’s steamer basket. We need this. We’re having dreams of dim sum, and steamed fish, pot stickers, and and and….
- For Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon(s) ice water
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cornstarch
- 20 ounce(s) 1 can of pineapple chunks
- 0.25 cup(s) Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- Place vegetables inside the IMUSA steamer baskets and bring 2 cups of water to boil in a wok or medium saucepan.
- To make dipping sauce, in a small bowl or cup add ice water and cornstarch and mix until fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Remove juice of canned pineapple, about ¾ cup, and place in a small saucepan. Reserve pineapple chunks for other use.
- Add vinegar, sugar and salt to saucepan and heat on medium high, whisking frequently.
- Once simmering, drizzle in cornstarch mixture and whisk briskly until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and pour dipping sauce in a bowl.
- To steam the vegetables, place steamer baskets with veggies on wok or saucepan and steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove immediately and serve with sweet and sour dipping sauce.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015