On The Hill, it is not unusual to hear that a cherished DC icon recently had “some work done,” but for any Washington Insider, the redesign of POV at the W Hotel by Nema Workshop will sing to your soul.
At its big reveal, POV paid spectacular homage to its own city, with every design and concept being DC-inspired. As I sipped on my “One Percenter,” part of the new Fall Cocktail Menu by Lead Bartender Joseph Ambrose, I toured the new federally inspired rooftop.
The color scheme of the outdoor space pays tribute to the American Flag, and a light installation with the date of the signing of the Declaration of Independence blazons from the ceiling above the “White House Corner,” which has a dome shaped bar a la the Capitol Building, and a Washington DC inspired mural. Guests can also sip on a “Marion Berry” while marveling at the Red Tape wall, which takes a dig at bureaucracy in Washington. I’m sure it’s Next Door Neighbor would not be amused.
If you have monumental moments to celebrate, there is the “Washington Monument” corner, which has become a private area with VIP seating overlooking POV’s most famous view. All throughout, wonderful fixtures light the room like cascading cherry blossoms glowing over this rooftop little Washington.
In a town where politics dominate even the most casual of conversations, it only makes sense that we would want them to dominate our ambience. So welcome to Washington, where a Red Wall has become the new Red Carpet.
W Washington D.C.
515 15th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20004
- In The Kitchen With STK DC: Where an unmiSTKeable Experience Is Always On The Menu - February 18, 2015
- PULSE Greater Washington’s 5th Annual Paint the Town Red Gala - October 7, 2014
- Ladies and Gentlemen Step Right Up and Behold The Festicle - September 25, 2014
- Class Is In Session with Masa 14 – Sushi School Sunday - September 17, 2014
- Re-launch of POV at W Hotel- A Brand New Point of View - September 15, 2014