Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 – 3lb Butternut Squash
- 1 – 14oz Can of Chicken Broth (Use your favorite kind)
- ½ – Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1 – Anju Pear (Peeled & Chopped)
- 2 TBSP – Butter
- 1.5 Cups – Water
- ⅓ to ½ Cup – Heavy Cream
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Nutmeg & Curry Powder To Taste
- Sour Cream for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F Degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut squash in half. Clean out the seeds. Brush on 1 TBSP of butter. Salt & Pepper generously.
- On a rack in the center of the oven, roast squash for 50-60 minutes. When squash is done you should be able to insert a fork easily into the flesh.
- Set pan with squash aside on a cooling rack until cooled enough to spoon flesh out and discard the skins.
- In a large sauce pot saute onion and pear in remaining 1 TBSP of butter until soft. This takes approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add water, chicken broth, and squash to the onion and pear.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes while breaking up any large pieces of squash.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg & curry powder to taste. (I went heavier on the salt and paprika, and did a pinch of curry powder and a dash of nutmeg.)
- Remove from heat & add heavy cream.
- Using a food processor or immersion blender, blend the soup mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Serve hot & garnish with a small dollop of sour cream.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015