This past Tuesday (9/10) found me traveling into D.C. to the historic H Street corridor for a Flo Wines and Jazz Reception hosted at The Elroy. Flo, (“for the love of”) is a lifestyle company created by Marcus Johnson, a world renowned Jazz artist, with the mission of enhancing their customer’s lives “one sip and sound at a time”.
Marcus Johnson introduced us to his line of affordable wines that included a Moscato, a Chardonnay, and a Red Blend. All were absolutely delicious, but the Moscato definitely gets my vote for being the favorite of the evening. While we sipped on Flo wines, and dined on finger foods, we were graced with the sweet upbeat sounds of Marcus Johnson’s jazz music which was a successful pairing between the senses.
As a self-taught piano artist, Johnson certainly has a unique flair for music and performing so it’s no surprise he has found success and praise within the music community including acknowledgement as a Billboard Top 10 artist, NAACP Image Award-nominated jazz musician, and as a successful entrepreneur from Washington D.C. with his own music label, and now Flo Brands.
I hope to hear more of Johnson in the future. I adored the wines, and fell in love with Jazz all over again during his short performance at The Elroy. Not only was he fantastic to listen to and watch with a big smile on his face the entire time, he was personable and a great person to talk with.
Thank you to Heather Freeman Media & Public Relations for organizing the reception!
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015