Baked Avocado & Egg Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 - Ripe Avocado (Halved and pitted)
- 2 - Eggs
- 2 - Slices of Bacon (Crumbled)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Fry up a couple slices of bacon until crispy. Remove from pan onto paper towel lined plate and allow to cool before crumbling.
- Slice in half your avocado, and remove the pit. Using a ripe avocado that isn't mush is the best way to go with this. You may need to remove a little extra avocado flesh in order to fit more egg.
- Place avocados into individual ramekins or a baking dish that will help them stay upright.
- Crack two eggs into a separate bowl. Add the yolk to each avocado first, and then spoon in the whites until the hole is filled.
- Salt and pepper the egg to taste.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes until the whites are cooked, and the center of your egg is as runny as you'd like. I started checking the eggs after 10 minutes and let it cook 17 minutes total.
- Remove from oven. Top with crumbled bacon (and/or cheese), and serve hot.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015