Hi, I’m Sarah from Chef Next Door Blog and I’ve been brought onto the EpicureanDC team as a recipe developer and writer. You can check out my bio below to learn more about me, see where you can find me, and read more of my work.
Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite sandwiches. It’s not a fancy or complicated sandwich, but it’s a darn good one. I’m taking the traditional BLT and kicking it up a notch, California style. Using a soft, fluffy croissant as the base, and adding creamy avocado for a little extra kick, you’ve got one flavorful and delicious sandwich on your hands. It’s quick and easy to make, which is great when you’re short on time. Serve it for lunch or even dinner with a bowl of soup or a salad. Enjoy!
- 1 large Croissant, split in half
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 3 slices cooked bacon, cut in half
- 2 slices fresh tomato
- 1 leaf of Bibb lettuce
- Open the split croissant and spread the mayonnaise on the bottom half, then layer on the lettuce leaf, sliced tomatoes and slices of bacon. Spread the mashed avocado on the top half and close the sandwich.
- Cranberry Buttermilk Cake Recipe - January 6, 2015
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe - October 26, 2014
- Chocolate Espresso Glazed Doughnuts Recipe - October 2, 2014
- California BLT Croissant Recipe - September 16, 2014