This past weekend weekend (4/26) we found ourselves at the first annual SpringFest hosted by Capitol City Brewing Company in Shirlington. Think beer-centric family friendly block party. The sun was out. There was beer… a lot of beer. As in 46 breweries in attendance. There was food from local Shirlington restaurants and vendors (with Cheesetique and Aroma Indian Restaurant being our favorites of the day). DJ Julius kept the crowd upbeat and moving around while simultaneously entertaining the likely bored children. Zumba instructors danced with the crowd. And all of the dogs in attendance were soaking up every ounce of attention they could get from the festival goers.
For $30 guests were supplied with 10 drink tickets and an official tasting glass then they were set free into the festival to peruse the tents and taste as many beers as their hearts desired. (For an additional $5 one could purchase 5 more drink tickets.) We were thrilled to see some of our favorites including Duck Rabbit Milk Stout, a dark rich beer we first tried at our recent trip to Bidwell, Woodchuck ciders (both regular and blueberry), Angry Orchard cider, The Raven’s Tell Tale Heart IPA, and the unveiling of Capitol City Brewing Company’s Hefeweizen. Even the local businesses got in on the action and sent out samples from the restaurants, and business owners manning small tables hocking their wares on the sidewalks.
We were thrilled to see the huge turnout for the first-time event. Between the perfect weather for the event, and how smooth everything ran, we’re guessing next year’s turnout will far surpass the number of attendees from this year. We’re excited that the Capitol City Brewing Company’s SpringFest appeared to be a huge success with everyone in attendance having a great time. We can’t wait for next year!
Capitol City Brewing Co.
The Village at Shirlington
4001 Campbell Avenue
Arlington, VA 22206
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015