Last month the first ever Chefs Behind Bars event, to benefit No Kid Hungry, was held at the Liaison Capitol Hill, and now they’re going for round two. On July 30, from 6-8:30pm, six of DC’s top chefs will compete for the title of best cocktail at Buffalo & Bergen in Union Market.
Ticket holders will have the opportunity to sample each of the six chef’s cocktail creations while enjoying small bites from Union Market vendors, Stella Artois, and corhnhole at Suburbia. Each attendee will then vote for their favorite drink of the evening with the overall winner being chosen by a lineup of some of DC’s best food critics and bar tenders: Gina Chersevani – Buffalo & Bergen, Amanda McClements – Salt & Sundry, Nycci Nellis – The List Are You On It?, Jessica Sidman – Washington City Paper, and Owen Thomson – Bar Pilar, Cafe Saint-Ex and President, DC Craft Bartender’s Guild.
The competing chef lineup includes Bart Vandaele – Belga Café, B Too, Doug Alexander – Art and Soul, Frank Paris – Sona Creamery, Frederik de Pue – Table, Menu MBK, George Pagonis – Kapnos, and Marjorie Meek-Bradley – Ripple, Roofer’s Union.
Tickets to Chefs Behind Bars only cost $40 and go toward a great cause. Purchase your ticket(s) at NoKidHungry.org/Events.
*Photo Courtesy – Daniel Jecha
Buffalo & Bergen
1309 5th St NE
Washington, DC 20002
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015