- 1.5 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup - Cocoa Powder
- ½ Tsp - Baking Soda
- ½ cup (1 Stick) - Salted Butter (Room Temp.)
- ½ cup - Packed Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup - Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ Cup - Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- 1 Large Brown Egg
- 1 Tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 3 TBSP - Milk
- ¼ Cup - Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup - Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ Cup (Approximately) - Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee's Knees Peanut Butter
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder & baking soda then set aside.
- Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the room temperature butter on high until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugars and peanut butter and reduce to medium. Continue mixing until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Once combined, with the mixer turned off, add the bowl of dry ingredients.
- On low, finish combining the ingredients, then slowly add in the milk increasing speed to medium.
- Chill dough for 45-60 minutes before forming the cookie balls.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F while dough chills.
- Form large balls (makes 18 total), placing 9 on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, gently press down on the tops to flatten the cookies, and allow to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While cooling, melt the sugar for the drizzle in a heavy pan over medium heat.
- Gently stir while sugar begins to turn a rich golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add the cream.
- Return to stove and continue to simmer until caramel has melted.
- Add in the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Immediately drizzle over cookies and allow to set before serving.
- (Optional) VERY lightly sprinkle each cookie with medium fine sea salt.
We’re convinced that everyone who isn’t allergic loves peanut butter cookies. Even the ones who are allergic probably do too. But we think plain ol’ regular peanut butter cookies are the epitome of boring. Sure, they’re good, and a viable cookie option especially when nothing else is available, but let us reiterate. They are b-o-r-i-n-g.
This month we were sponsored by Peanut Butter & Co. and were sent both the “Dark Chocolate Dreams” and “The Bee’s Knees” peanut butter flavors. These were absolutely perfect for getting our creative cooking juices flowing (Would that be called brain jus?) and we immediately gravitated toward a cookie, because you know what? An interesting cookie doesn’t have to be difficult to make. Even with the addition of a drizzle, these are some of the easiest cookies to assemble. The only partially time consuming part is waiting for the cookie dough to chill.
What we love most, other than the fun assortment of peanut butter flavors, is that Peanut Butter & Co.’s products are made from only USA grown peanuts and are all-natural, contain zero hydrogenated oils, zero cholesterol, zero trans-fats and, zero high fructose corn syrup. Every flavor except The Bee’s Knees is gluten-free, vegan, and certified kosher.
We’re hope for another chance to experiment soon in the kitchen with Peanut Butter & Co. Our eyes are on White Chocolate Wonderful, and The Heat is On flavors. But in the meantime, you can find us sneaking massive spoonfuls of what we have left from making the cookies. Don’t judge.
Find Peanut Butter & Co. on Amazon too!
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015