DC Wine Week 2013 is about to kick off! With the mission of supporting and educating the area on what DC’s local wine bars/restaurants, shops & wineries have to offer, the week-long event has something planned every day starting October 12 for all winos, erm, I mean connoisseurs.
Saturday – Veritas VIP: Veni Vidi Vino
Although this particular event is invite only, attendees will have the opportunity to sample wines and charcuterie pairings at the Veritas Wine Bar prepared by wine connoisseur and general manager Jamie Smith.
Sunday – Yoga & Wine: Downward Dog & Upward Sips
For those of you who like to work off those calories before imbibing, head over to VIDA Fitness. Class will be led by Mimi Rieger of Mimi Rieger Yoga, and is open to all fitness levels. Once class is complete, make your way up to the rooftop for some wine. Attendees will have the opportunity to taste wines from Early Mountains Vineyards located in Virginia. Word on the grape vine is that the 2012 Malbec Merlot Rose is a real treat. Purchase Tickets.
Monday – Columbus Day at The Coupe
If you’re not the sort of person who pairs booze with a workout, then perhaps an evening at The Coup is more your style. Spend a couple hours sampling their new fall menu paired with select tap wines. Guests can expect a complimentary glass of Portuguese Red or Greek White (keg wine) in addition to four 2oz pour tastings. Wines by the Glass will be offered (6 oz for the price of 3 oz) Bottles will be offered 33% off. Purchase Tickets.
Tuesday – Opa! Wines from Greece
No tickets necessary to attend this event! Meet up with the Greek Embassy and Kellari Taverna for a DC Wine Week Greek Night. Kellari Taverna offers 350 Greek and international wines. This night only, purchase these distinguished Greek grape varietals at Happy Hour prices during dinner: $5 by glass, $11 carafe and 20% off bottles of wine. Register.
Wednesday – Ciao Bella! i Ricchi’s Italian Wine Fest
Celebrate Italy’s grape harvest at Ristorante i Ricchi with 16 tastings and 2 drink tickets. Grilled sausages and chicken skewers, Tuscan salame, Italian cheeses, assorted crostini and flatbreads will all be served outdoors on the piazza. Purchase Tickets.
Thursday – HAPPY HOUR: Oysters & Wine
Bring some friends along to Tel’Veh Cafe & Wine Bar in Mount Vernon Square for an extra fun Happy Hour. Goers can expect complimentary hors d’oeuvres, $1 Oysters, and specials on DC Wine Week Exclusive Happy Hour wines. These wines will be available for $6 per glass and $25 a bottle. No tickets necessary. Register.
Friday – Vino & Bocce in the Plaza
An Extended Happy Hour is available at Vino & Bocce exclusively for DC Wine Week registrants. Get your foot in the door for $5 wines and food specials from 6pm-8pm. What better way to unwind in preparation for the weekend? Register.
Saturday – Wine Down: Brunch & Champs at Sonoma Restaurant & Wine Bar
DC Wine Week’s final event is invite only, but for those lucky enough to attend, guests can expect a VIP brunch including small bites and champagne. Sonoma is also unveiling their new brunch menu for invited guests.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015