DC Wine Week said farewell to a hugely successful series of events Saturday, October 19. Guests were invited to Sonoma Restaurant & Wine Bar for a sampling of sparkling wines and the unveiling of Sonoma’s new brunch menu for one last DC Wine Week hurrah.
Sparkling wine samples included:
- Ca’ del Pucino Prosecco – A light, refreshing, and citrusy Italian sparkling wine made from Glera grapes and produced in the regions of Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- Lovisolo Brut Nebbiolo Spumante Rose – A beautiful dry pale onion skinned color wine made with 100% Nebbiolo grapes. Contains notes of roses, violets, and wild strawberries. (My favorite wine of the day.)
- Ca’ Montanari Opera Lambrusco – A sexy, charming, quality Lambrusco with distinct notes of violets and black cherries. It pairs perfectly with Sonoma’s charcuteri brunch offerings.
The unveiling of Sonoma’s new brunch menu included bite size samples of:
- Artisanal Charcuteri – Sopressata Spicy Dry Salami, Prosciutto Dry Cured Ham, Finocchiona Fennel Salami, and B 61 Blue Cheese.
- Beet Salad – Roasted and Pickled Raw Local Beets, Buttermilk Blue Dressing, Frisée, and Black Walnuts.
- Melon and Prosciutto – Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Italian Prosciutto, Basil, with Prosecco Vinaigrette.
- Zeppoles – “Italian Donuts” served with Grand Gala, Orange Dark Chocolate Sauce.
- Brioche French Toast – Served with local Apples, Cinnamon, and local Maple Syrup.
- Breakfast Burger – House-made Sausage, Bacon, Fried local egg, Cabot White Cheddar, and Pesto.
It’s exciting to see yet another restaurant going the “local” route when possible. The new brunch menu is delicious and offers a wide selection for those with varying palettes and diet preferences. A big thanks to DC Wine Week for teaming up with Sonoma for the final event! It was a great way to end the week-long event on a high note.
If you missed this year’s series of wine-centric events, make sure you tag along next year, and see what DC’s local wine bars/restaurants, shops & wineries have to offer.
- Global Business information and facts - January 13, 2022
- Find Term Paper Writer Service to Assist You With Your Academic Work - January 12, 2022
- Avast Vs Malwarebytes – Can be the Difference? - January 12, 2022
- Windscribe Review – Is Windscribe Right For You? - January 12, 2022
- Features of a Aboard Portal - January 10, 2022
- The advantages of Treatment Lessons - January 10, 2022
- - December 27, 2021
- Hire College Essay Writers - December 25, 2021
- Strategies For Custom Research Papers - December 25, 2021
- Hire College Essay Writers - December 22, 2021