It’s official! Oktoberfest is in full swing and what better way to have started the celebration than with attending District Oktoberfest. It was the perfect event to get your souse on without letting your wallet run dry. *hiccup*
District Oktoberfest had celebrants checking in at RFD 7th street Sept. 21 & 22 where they could pick up an Erdinger Oktoberfest (my favorite of the day) and a juicy brat with sauerkraut. Once participants downed their first drink it was onto the next 7 places (6 on Sunday), each with a different Oktoberfest beer ready to be had. It’s the perfect way for a newb like me to acclimate oneself to some the area’s hottest bars.
We traveled from RFD to Capitol City Brewing (who ran OUT of their Oktoberfest draft before 2pm), back up to FADO, then Rocket Bar, Penn Social, Iron Horse, Redline, and finally Bar Louie (who was also out) all in the name of charity. District Oktoberfest benefited D.C. Firefighters Burn Foundation and Dreams for Kids DC.
Each place had a unique atmosphere ranging from open and classy to dark and quirky. I made a mental note of all the places I’d like to visit again the next time I’m out and about.
Beer choices included Erdinger Oktoberfest, Cap City Brew Oktoberfest, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Shiner Oktoberfest, Yuengling Oktoberfest, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Leinenkugel Oktoberfest, and Goose Island Oktoberfest.
I did the math, because I’m a nerd like that. Each beer, with the purchase of an Oktoberfest ticket, only cost about $3.67 per 12oz pour. Definitely worth the ticket price.
Missed it this year? Make sure you plan your appearance next year. District Oktoberfest was some of the most fun I’ve had since transplanting into the D.C. area, and I cannot wait to go again!
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015