Eel & Avocado Inside-Out Roll with Shrimp Tempura and Eel Sauce
Recipe type: Sushi
- 4 to 8 - Nori Sheets
- 3 Cups - Cooked Sushi Rice (3 cups before it has been cooked.)
- 5oz - Smoked Eel (Cut into 4 inch by .5 inch strips)
- 1 - Avocado (Sliced thinly)
- Shrimp Tempura
- Eel Sauce
- Water (For your hands and cutting knife.)
- Wrap sushi rolling mat in plastic wrap. (Start with the rounded side and wrap 2-3 times around the entire mat.)
- Break nori sheet in half. You can also break it so you have a larger piece to use, but you don't need the entire sheet.
- Wet your hands, and grab approximately a handful of your sushi rice.
- Press rice down gently and evenly on top of nori sheet. Rice shouldn't be more than 1cm thick.
- Flip the nori sheet with rice over so rice is on top of the rolling mat.
- Place two slices of eel, two slices of avocado, and your shrimp tempura on the edge of the nori.
- Using the edge closest to you, lift the mat up and over the eel, avocado, and shrimp creating a rectangular hill. If this has been done loosely you can tighten the roll from the top before continuing.
- Continue rolling the same way you starting the roll. Make sure you keep the roll as tight as possible while rolling. Tip* Keep even pressure along the entire roll to help insure tightness.
- Once you're done rolling, and your roll is the shape that you want, wet a sharp knife, and cut roll into 8 even pieces.
- Eel sauce can be drizzled on top of the roll and/or used for dipping.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015