Eggs in Purgatory Recipe
Author: Leite’s Culinaria
- 4 – Large Eggs
- 14.5oz – Diced Tomatoes (1 Can)
- ¼ Tsp – Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 – Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 1 TBSP – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 – Loaf of Crusty Bread
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Crack eggs into a small bowl. Make sure all shell pieces are removed. Set aside.
- Heat a medium-large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, red pepper flakes and minced garlic.
- Allow to cook for 1 minute until flavors become fragrant.
- Gently add in entire can of diced tomatoes.
- Carefully slip in eggs making sure to separate them a little. Don’t cover the yolk with the tomato or juices unless you want a more solid yolk.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese over the whites and tomato.
- Partially cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes. (The tomato should be consistently bubbling.)
- When whites have mostly set, remove from heat, and grate some more Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm with toasted crusty bread.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015