NY Style Strawberry Cheesecake with Strawberry Balsamic Glaze
Recipe type: Dessert
- Crust -
- 2 Cups - Oreo Cookies (Finely ground w/ frosting centers removed. Approximately 2 sleeves.)
- ¼ Cup - Salted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Tbsp - Sugar
- Cheesecake -
- 32oz (4 Packages) - Cream Cheese
- 1⅔ Cups - Sugar
- 3 Tbsp - Flour
- ¼ Tsp - Salt
- 4 - Eggs
- 2 - Egg Yolks
- 1.5 Tsp - Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup - Sour Cream
- Finely grind Oreo cookies. Add melted butter and sugar, and gently mix with a fork to combine and fully coat the crumbs.
- Press into a 9" spring form pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220º F.
- In a large mixer, on low, combine room temperature cream cheese, sugar, flour, and salt until smooth.
- Add in 4 full eggs, plus 2 egg yolks one at a time until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add vanilla and sour cream, and beat until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into pan and bake for 90 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 300º F and continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes. Cheesecake should be firm, and very lightly golden.
- Remember to run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake as soon as it comes out to help avoid any possible cracking.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before covering placing in the fridge 3-24 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with quartered strawberries, and Strawberry Balsamic Glaze. (I used Modena Fine Foods)
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015