We thought the Passport Program was so nifty we just had to share. Introduced in Denver 2013, the Passport Program is a way for locals to explore restaurants and bars with a 2-for-1 drink special passport. Depending on the venue, patrons can expect unique specials such as 2-for-1 frozen cocktails, 2-for-1 St. Germain Sangria, 2-for-1 local craft beer, etc. We’re picturing getting friends together in on the program and going out for a couple bar crawls on the weekends – especially in Penn Quarter, or just exploring new places we haven’t been yet.
The best part is that these passports is valid May 22 and can be used all summer long through Labor Day in more than 40 establishments across the city including some of our favorites such as Bidwell, Cashion’s Eat Place, Hank’s Oyster Bar, Roofers Union, and New Columbia Distillers… just to name a few. Just show up with your passport, they’ll stamp it and you’ll get your second drink for free. Purchase your passport online starting May 12 for $20. The passport is good for ONE special at each location.
To kick off the DC Passport Program Suburbia is hosting a party May 20, 5pm-8pm with Gina Chersevani and her crew serving up frozen cocktails and beer, plus all kinds of fun outdoor games. Attendance is free (drinks are not), and guests are asked to RSVP through Eventbrite. Passports are also available for purchase at the party.
Full list of participating establishments: The Alex at The Graham Georgetown, The Argonaut, Bayou, Bidwell, Black Whiskey, Buffalo and Bergen, Cashion’s Eat Place, Colony Club, Coppi’s Organic Restaurant, DC Harvest, Dunya, El Centro D.F., El Centro D.F. Georgetown, Georgetown Piano Bar, Glen’s Garden Market, Hank’s Oyster Bar, Iron Horse Taproom, Jackpot, Le Grenier, Masa 14, Mr. Smith’s of Georgetown, Nanny, O’Briens Pub, New Columbia Distillers, Penn Social, Pop’s Sea Bar, The Pug, Radius Pizza, Rappahannock Oyster Bar, Rocket Bar, Roofers Union, Room 11, Science Club, Shenanigan’s Irish Pub, Sixth Engine, Slipstream, Soussi, Suburbia, SudHouse, Thally, Toro Toro, Zengo DC.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015