It’s Theater Season in the District and several area restaurants have come up with 3-course tasting menu options that are affordable, and perfect for those who want to get some exceptional nosh in before the show.
Rasika Penn Quarter & Rasika West End: For a spicier option, make a reservation at either of these sister locations. Diners will experience Executive Chef Vikram Sunderam’s pre-theater menu for $35 per person. Tax and gratuity are not included in the price. Valet parking is available for $8. The theater menu is available Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm to 6:30pm, and Friday/Saturday from 5pm to 6:30pm.
Reservations: Penn Quarter location (202) 637-1222. West End location at (202) 466-2500.
nopa Kitchen + Bar: Newly opened and already earning well deserved fanfare, including being listed as number one in DC Modern Luxury’s list of ‘10 Most Exciting New Restaurants’ in July. Executive Chef Greg McCarty recently debuted a three-course, pre-theater menu that is available for $34 per person. Menu is served Monday through Friday from 5:30pm to 6:30pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 5pm to 6:30pm. Valet parking is available for $10.
Reservations: (202) 347-4667.
The Oval Room: For a sophisticated American menu, make a reservation at one of DC’s top destination restaurants. Enjoy a three course prix fixe meal created by Executive Chef Tony Conte priced at only $39 per person. This special menu is available nightly from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. Valet parking is available for $8 with dinner validation.
Reservations: (202) 463- 8700.
701 Restaurant & Bar: Named one of Washingtonian’s “100 Best Restaurants”, 701 offers modern American cuisine overseen by Executive Chef Tony Conte. Guests can enjoy a three course pre-theater menu for $32 per person. Menu is available Monday through Saturday from 5:30pm to 6:45pm. Menu is also available on Sunday 5pm to 9:30pm. Valet parking is available Monday through Saturday for $8 with dinner validation.
Reservations: (202) 393-0701
Jaleo Penn Quarter & Jaleo Crystal City: With the downtown location merely a few steps away from the Shakespeare Theater, and the Crystal City location near the Synetic Theater, Jaleo makes for a smart option for those who prefer not to rush from dinner to their show. Jaleo, known for their impressive offering of tapas and paellas, guests can purchase their three course pre-theater menu for $30 per person. Menu is available Sunday to Thursday from 5pm to 6:30pm. Parking is free after 4pm on weekdays and free all day on the weekend.
Reservations: Penn Quarter location (202) 628-7949. Crystal City location (703) 413-8181.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015