We’re becoming quite familiar with the W Hotel and all it’s little gems hidden away within its walls including J&G Steakhouse and the downstairs Living Room bar. We still haven’t made it into Bar 515, but someday. We’re determined like that. Instead we found ourselves in the P.O.V. rooftop lounge with all the scenic glory of D.C. stretching as far as we could see for the “Rooftop Riviera” Annual Spring Launch party and debut of their newest cocktails for the season. Part of the proceeds of the event were donated to the Washington Ballet.
Guests were treated to interactive activities, and sample stations including chef Gianluigi Dellaccio of Dolci Gelati dishing out small cups of Key Lime, Honey Marscapone Fig, Apricot Yogurt gelatos and a Mojito sorbet, and Nectar Skin Bar doin’ up the ladies’ lips. A duo from Oysters XO were mingling with the crowd while shucking fresh oysters for the party goers, and DJ Charity was rocking in the house with her dance vibe beats.
We’ve never been disappointed in any of the cocktails we’ve had at the W Hotel (we’ve tried a handful so far), and once again we weren’t disappointed with the newest Spring offerings. The carefully crafted cocktails were citrus-y, and colorfully vibrant to match the season’s blossoms and sunsets (we’re guessing) while almost nearly too beautiful for consumption. The newest cocktails on the menu include Feeling Groggy, Juice & Gin, Smash & Run, Mexican Standoff and Awkward Situation. We were a little bummed we didn’t have time to stay for all five libations, but out of what we sampled, the Feeling Groggy topped our favorites.
Now we understand why we hear so many raves about P.O.V. The view is KILLER, the drinks rock your world, the atmosphere is casual chic (meaning no flipflops, tank tops, sneakers, etc.), music is lively with P.O.V. featuring some of the East Coast’s hottest DJ’s, and of course access to an eclectic tapas menu. When it comes down to it, we didn’t want to leave. We could have spent the entire evening throwing back drinks and watching the sun set over the city.
(Point of View)
515 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015