If you’ve been paying attention to all of the hype surrounding the opening of STK, you’ve been well to do so. An undoubted hot spot for DC’s elite, socialites and foodies, STK brings the fun and swank to Dupont Circle.
A signature vibe like no other, guests can expect to find themselves surrounded in modern luxury of plaster cast horns – giving a nod to more traditional steak house decorations, curvilinear black platform seats and a black gloss and cream color scheme. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes, textured crocodile tiles and a DJ booth where one can expect spinning nightly. All of which is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining.
Sit down on one of the sumptuous lounge seats and throw back a Sterling Silver (Patron, St. Germain, fresh lime) or a Green Intensity (Belvedere Vodka, fresh lime, jalepenos) cocktail and enjoy the jammin’ music from the nightly DJs.
One might come for the high-energy, trendy and lavish atmosphere, but it’s the menu, and more specifically the steaks, that should most catch your fancy. Serving several cuts ranging from Small (6oz-10oz) to Large (24oz-34oz), there’s a cut for every size appetite. Naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees also grace the menu and include everything from Maine lobster to local striped bass. Of course there’s a bangin’ raw bar with oysters, shrimp cocktail, and Alaskan king crab. Don’t pass up on the side dishes – the Parmesan Truffle Fries, Lil’ BRGs, Shrimp Rice Krispies, Sweet Corn Pudding, and Jump Lump Crab Salad are all signature staples of STK’s menu.
Definitely true to their self-description, STK is a “one-of-a-kind, high-end dining and chic lounge experience”. Dupont Circle’s neighborhood just gained a rare gem, and we can’t wait to hear how they’re thriving. STK is open nightly starting at 5pm.
1250 Connecticut Avenue Washington,
District of Columbia, 20036
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015