From the owners of Marvin, and located right next door is The Gibson – a U Street area speak-easy-esque cocktail-focused bar. The Gibson gives the air of prohibition times with it’s unmarked door one can easily pass by without a second glance, website with only an address, phone number, and email contact for those wishing to set up a private party, and its dark cozy interior. While reservations are not required, one would be smart to make one rather than risk being turned away at the door for The Gibson only seats 48.
With spring comes a new seasonal cocktail menu at The Gibson featuring quippy drink titles including Things I Still Remember (a definite must-try), I Been Drankin’, and Use This Thing to name a few. Known for it’s quality and creative cocktails, we hear The Gibson is also not opposed to creating custom cocktails for the guests who managed to make it through the door. A great spot for all of the cocktail connoisseurs who prefer to avoid the loud, bustling crowds while trying something new.
2009 14th Street NW
Washington D.C. 20009
*Photos Courtesy of Daniel Swartz
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015