Rate Your Personal Experience at Union Street Public House:
Union Street Public House, located in a historic brick building only a block from Old Town’s waterfront, offers American cuisine, an extensive beer list, and a growing wine list. Here diners can enjoy a well rounded, hearty menu. Downstairs one will find the bustling bar, dining room, and an oyster bar directly through the newly remodeled Regatta Room. For those bravely eating out with their children, a welcoming and spacious upstairs dining room is available. This is one restaurant where children of all ages are welcomed as evidenced by the “kids under 12 eat free from the kids’ menu on Mondays” policy.
Every few months Union Street Public House offers a one-day-only themed event where guests can experience what Executive Chef Jeremy Waybright has to offer outside of the regular menu. On Sunday, October 27, Union Street Public House invited guests in for their Fall Feast which featured several dishes from a Fort Royal freshly slaughtered grass-fed steer, and meats from a pig purchased earlier that week.
Served buffet style, some of our all-you-can-eat favorites of the day included Beef Heart Brochettes (pictured), Pinot Noir Short Ribs (pictured), Fried Chicken (pictured) breaded with a special ingredient (Hint: think children’s cereal), and the Smoked Ribs with Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce. Additional dishes ranged from dual salad offerings, and flat breads, to roasted brussel sprouts, pistachio baby carrots, salt roasted ribeye, shank sliders, and a roasted pigs head. And, if diners weren’t full after consuming all of that meat, carrot cake, and baked apples with a biscuit crust were available for dessert. Or, one could have nommed on a few more slices of candied bacon.
If you’re in the neighborhood looking for a friendly eatery and bar where the employees love what they do and care about your experience, and where the Chef enjoys taking creative routes with his menu, take a gander over to Union Street. Also keep your eyes peeled for upcoming events. They’re offering 50% off all active and retired military checks on Veteran’s Day, and there is a free wine tasting on November 26.
Union Street Public House
121 South Union Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015