Zucchini, Grape Tomato and Feta Pizza
Recipe type: Lunch/Dinner
- Pizza Crust Ingredients (Makes 12"-16" Crust):
- 1 Cup - Warm Water (Approximately 110°F)
- 1 TBSP - Sugar
- 2¼ Tsp - Active Dry Yeast
- 3 TBSP - Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp - Salt
- 2½ Cups - All Purpose Flour (I recommend King Aurthur Flour)
- Topping Ingredients:
- 2 - Medium to Large Zucchini (Sliced Thinly)
- 1 TBSP - Olive Oil + More for Drizzling on Top
- 4 to 6 Ounces - Grape Tomatoes (Cut into Quarters)
- 1 - Garlic Clove (Chopped Finely)
- ½ Tsp - Dried Basil
- 3 to 4 Ounces - Fresh Mozzarella (Sliced thin or cut up into small pieces)
- 2 to 3 Ounces - Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat Oven to 465°F.
- Slice zucchini and then set aside.
- Cut up tomatoes, combine with a little olive oil, basil, and garlic and set aside.
- Prepare your pizza crust by combining water, yeast and sugar and stirring until completely dissolved.
- Add in the olive oil and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into all purpose flour and slowly stir until combined. You may need to slightly knead the dough to make sure everything sticks together. Don't over knead! Set dough aside for 10-15 minutes.
- While dough is resting, over medium heat, saute zucchini in olive oil until zucchini starts to soften and change color. I like mine a little more done (so it starts browning a little on one side). Depending on how thick you sliced your zucchini this should take 4-10 minutes.
- Season zucchini with a little salt and pepper.
- On a pizza stone, or an AirBake pizza pan, stretch dough out using your finger tips until evenly spread out to your desired size.
- Top pizza with mozzarella, zucchini, and tomatoes.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add feta cheese, and brush crust with a little butter if desired.
- Continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes. Crust should be golden brown, cheeses should be melted, and tomatoes should have started wrinkling.
- Drizzle top with a little olive oil, slice, and serve.
- Passport 2-for-1 Drink Program Comes to DC + Launch Party May 20 - May 11, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Grand Trunk: Savor 1,600 miles of South Asian Cuisine in 1 Quick Serve Menu - April 30, 2015
- Products With A Purpose: 5 Food-Related Earth Friendly Products For Conscientious Consumers - April 6, 2015
- Art Institute of Washington Introduces GETCreative Courses for Teens & Adults + Goat Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - March 12, 2015
- Union Market to Host Cochon 555 Heritage Pig Culinary Competition March 22, 2015 - March 9, 2015
- W Hotel DC’s New Root Cellar Whiskey Bar Offers Happy Hour 5-8pm Monday through Friday - February 12, 2015
- IMUSA Chinese New Year Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe - February 2, 2015
- Curried Stone Crab Risotto Recipe: Sponsored by RSVP International - February 2, 2015
- In The Kitchen With Medium Rare: The Best Brunch Deal In The District - January 28, 2015
- Waterfront Station Hosts First SOUP-er Bowl Competition & Taste-off January 24 - January 21, 2015